Date Posted: November, 2023
INNOCEAN Canada is a global agency based in 23 offices across 16 countries immersed in local cultures. Our offices share more than a name – we share ideas, assets and a challenger attitude. We focus on the future and are passionate about discovering innovative solutions that propel our clients’ business forward locally, nationally and internationally.
- Greet and assist visitors, clients, and employees with a warm and professional demeanour.
- Answer and direct incoming calls, taking messages when necessary.
- Deal with any escalated queries via phone, email and general correspondence and direct them to the appropriate person as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized reception area and Town Hall area, assisting with quarterly Town Hall setup for company events and yoga.
- Assist in managing and prioritizing incoming emails, phone calls, and mail.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and packages to the appropriate recipients.
- Prepare outgoing mail and packages for shipment, including the collection and distribution of employee IT equipment.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, coordinating calendars as needed.
- Support the preparation of documents, reports, and presentations as required.
- Monitor office supplies and inventory and assist in ordering as needed. Make certain that office and kitchen supplies are well-stocked before supplies run out.
- Oversee the cleanliness and organization of common areas and meeting rooms.
- Ensure the kitchen areas are tidy, stocked with beverages and supplies and dishwashers turn on in the evening and emptied in the morning.
- Maintain the Admin kitchen and ensure it is tidy, well-stocked and organized.
- Water the indoor plants in the office.
- Assist with facility and space management, including moving and assembling furniture.
- Print and ensure employee desk name plates are current and up to date.
- Ensure the safety and security of the office by implementing and maintaining security measures.
- Work with the JHSC to coordinate emergency procedures and evacuation plans.
- Coordinate with IT and Senior Office Coordinator to issue access cards as needed.
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining office equipment and coordinating repairs.
- Notify relevant parties about office maintenance and repairs.
- Submit service requests to the building management or security via the App.
Visitor and Guest Management:
- Sign in visitors and ensure they have a pleasant experience.
- Coordinate visitor access and provide access badges when required.
- Handle inquiries and provide information to visitors and clients.
- Offer and provide refreshments as necessary.
Assist in Event Coordination:
- Support the planning of company events, meetings, and celebrations and assist the social committee and HR & Administration team for event setup as requested.
- Assist staff with office catering for events.
Other duties as assigned to the role.
Skills and Behaviour:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Proficiency in using office software, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional appearance and a positive, customer-oriented attitude.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; additional education is a plus.
- Proven experience in a receptionist or office assistant role is preferred.
What you will love about working at INNOCEAN Canada:
- A great office space at King Street West.
- Work Life Balance: A hybrid working model with a generous PTO policy and end of year break. Our employees also get a day off when they reach a work anniversary milestone!
- Benefits & Wellness: INNOCEAN Canada is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. We offer a comprehensive health & dental benefits plan with an Employee Assistance Program.
- Culture: Our social committee plans summer and winter parties, and events like bowling, trivia, ice cream and hot cocoa socials.
- Our DEI committee is committed to learning and recognizing events which are important to our employees.
INNOCEAN Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.
If you are interested in career opportunities with INNOCEAN Canada, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line containing: INNOCEAN Receptionist