Manager, Performance Digital (Mat Leave Contract)
Date Posted: November, 2023
INNOCEAN Canada is a global agency based in 23 offices across 16 countries immersed in local cultures. Our offices share more than a name – we share ideas, assets and a challenger attitude. We focus on the future and are passionate about discovering innovative solutions that propel our clients’ business forward locally, nationally and internationally.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Performance Digital Manager to work on one of Canada’s largest Automotive Accounts for a maternity leave contract. If you’re passionate about performance-focused digital media (search, social, display, video) and would love the opportunity to apply your craft in a collaborative 360 environment, we want to hear from you. We believe search, social, display, and video marketing provide intelligence way beyond impressions, views, clicks, and conversions. We’re looking to grow our in-house Performance Digital team to collaborate with our entire group of Media Planners, Media Buyers, Creatives, Programmatic Traders, and Data Analysts to drive results.
Leadership and Talent Management
- Manage a team (account coordinator and/or more) of paid digital marketing professionals; foster teamwork, trust, and collaboration; provide leadership, guidance, and champion an environment that rewards creativity
- Continue to build on existing level of digital marketing expertise (search, social, display, video), drive innovation, and stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Maintain our team’s reputation for innovation and efficiency, while establishing a high level of employee commitment
- Oversee cross-functional strategy development with internal strategy, programmatic, and analytics teams as well as our in-house creative teams
Strategy and P&L Accountability
- Collaborate on innovative paid digital (search, social, display, video) media strategies to positively impact client business objectives
- Lead financial management and budget overview process for all paid digital platforms under your purview (Google, Microsoft, Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.)
- Demonstrate thought leadership for clients, partners, and the industry; provide consistently comprehensive and effective analysis to internal and external stakeholders to support marketing recommendations
- Educate clients on the importance of paid digital (specifically, paid search) in the overall marketing mix
Campaign and Client Management
- Lead day-to-day management of Search, Social, non-programmatic Display/Video campaigns (Both National and Dealer Groups), including translating client’s marketing goals into successful paid search/social/display/video campaigns & manage client expectations with daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports
- Lead the monitoring, tracking, evaluation, and optimization of paid search, paid social, and non-programmatic paid display/video campaign performance to maximize client investment, including, but not limited to, daily budget pacing, audience optimizations, bid optimizations, developing ad copy, A/B testing ad copy and landing page variations, query reports, and ensuring creative is tagged appropriately
- Benchmarking, analysing and forecasting for Paid Digital initiatives to help clients achieve their goal
- Share SEM insights with internal agency teams to improve overall communication results, including, but not limited to best performing keywords/copy, auction insights, competitive data, etc.
- Ensure client inclusion in Google Betas to continually test, learn, and drive innovation
Skills and Behaviour:
- Strong technical SEM background & proven track record in paid search engine marketing optimization
- Strong technical background in the following tools: Google Ads, Google Analytics, Search Ads 360, Microsoft Ads, and Facebook Business Manager
- While you have a passion for search, you like to think big and understand total marketing communication impact
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and collaborative, with strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to identify growth opportunities, a keen eye for detail, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate and deliver messages effectively
- Understand the importance of accountability, professionalism, and integrity in the workplace
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years of paid search experience (preferably in an agency setting)
- 2+ years of paid social, display, and/or video experience
- University or College Degree in psychology, advertising, marketing, finance, or data analytics is an asset
- Experience working with cross agency disciplines (Planners, Programmatic, etc.) is an asset
- Experience in the Auto industry is a bonus, but the right attitude is more important
What you will love about working at INNOCEAN Canada:
- A great office space at King Street West.
- Work Life Balance: A hybrid working model with a generous PTO policy and end of year break. Our employees also get a day off when they reach a work anniversary milestone!
- Benefits & Wellness: INNOCEAN Canada is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. We offer a comprehensive health & dental benefits plan with an Employee Assistance Program.
- Culture: Our social committee plans summer and winter parties, and events like bowling, trivia, ice cream and hot cocoa socials.
- Our DEI committee is committed to learning and recognizing events which are important to our employees.
INNOCEAN Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.
If you are interested in career opportunities with INNOCEAN Canada, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line containing: INNOCEAN Receptionist