Sr. Accountant (18 Month Contract)
Date Posted: May 7, 2021
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions in a timely manner and resolving discrepancies
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries
- Calculate and file monthly GST/HST, QST and corporate tax Instalment. Talk to CRA or Revenue Quebec to resolve discrepancies.
- Generate monthly Agency Fee invoices
- Review new EFT and Wire transfer information in system, process bill payment in a monthly base
- Process regular payments and urgent payment request by executive in a timely manner.
- Review all payment and billing packages to make sure no errors and mistakes.
- Reconcile all bank accounts in weekly and monthly base.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Finance V.P.’s attention.
- Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting
- Assist with special projects assigned by management
Audits & Examinations
- Lead tax audits, assist internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Collecting, verifying all requested audit samples and provide proper explanation when questions raised by the auditors
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports, such as A/R summary, Intercompany transaction reconciliation, Cost analysis and all other various reports requested by the HQ.
- Providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Assists with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings’ preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, returned EFT and Wire Transfers, fee anomalies and enhancements to online services
- Monitor company credit card accounts, communicate with credit card company to stop fraud transactions
- Assist with banking activities like setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, bank reconciling items.
- Set up new client accounts in the system by generating new GL accounts and link all updated information to other connected integrated system and verify the compliance of the client account set up
- Provide technical support when system generated the errors and suggest ways to resolve the problem in a timely manner
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures, able to make suggestions for system efficiencies improvements
- Participate in the ongoing or upcoming system development or changes.
- Manage, plan and review Billing Coordinators and Sr. Finance Administrator’s work, spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Interviewing, hiring orienting and training employees
- Planning, assigning, and directing work to staff
- Coaching and appraising performance
- Rewarding and discipling employees
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Accounting required, and CPA or CGA designation preferred
- 5+ years practical accounting experience
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other clients
- Required knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with month-end/year-end closing process and general ledger functions
- Working knowledge of tax and assurance auditing
- Strong financial analysis experience
- Solid accounting skills and understanding of IFRS and accurate data entry with keen attention to detail
Innocean Worldwide Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.