Marketing and Communications Manager
Date Posted: September 20, 2022
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a unique role that manages both internal and external communications to ICA employees and the media. This role will be responsible will be responsible for developing and executing a corporate communications strategy, general communications and for driving the public relations and communications that promote ICA’s brand. As an ambassador for ICA, this position creates, leads and manages communications, public relations, marketing and social media campaigns that deliver measurable results to ICA corporately. This role also includes working in a collaborative environment with various business groups to excite and engage internal stakeholders with a consistent brand voice.
Marketing and communications strategy
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans, including appropriate measurement and metrics
- Build awareness of ICA by executing marketing and communications plans that gather research, set goals and execute tactics such as digital and traditional marketing, publicity, promotions, social media and media relations.
- Track and report results. Adjust as required to meet goals and improve outcomes.
- Work with the creative and design teams to develop creative concepts, messaging and content to position, promote and market ICA’s brand, services and programs.
- Ability to write press releases, media pitches and contact media to promote the ICA brand.
- Respond to and manage media inquiries, staff interviews, and act as spokesperson as required.
- Advise on reputational risk and play a supporting role on crisis management
- Monitor media and maintain coverage tracking on earned media coverage. Notify CEO and share the link to coverage on ICA’s intranet.
- Prepare media briefings and facilitate interviews for the company as required.
Manage ICA website, intranet, and social media sites
- Provide support to larger web team on updating the ICA website and monitor the website to ensure content is current, appropriate and error free.
- Inform web team of required website updates and work with the creative team to make sure our latest creative (sizzle reels, case studies, etc.) including copy is current and posted.
- Management of the intranet site, including uploading current news, posting photos, uploading documents, weekly newsletters, surveys, and events
- Grant intranet access to new employees as part of their onboarding, ensure they have access, are familiar with the site and assist where needed.
- Oversee and contribute to ICA’s social media presence by posting, content creation and community management.
- Daily management of ICA social profiles on LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook and provide analytics report as required.
- Develop and implement creative, fresh ideas that will move the brand and company forward.
- Oversee brand messaging and promotional content across digital channels and platforms – web, social media, intranet, etc.
- Work with IT and Studio teams to ensure all internal communications (email signatures, letter templates, presentations, etc.) follow corporate brand guidelines and logos.
- Review and edit marketing communications products (digital and traditional) ensuring adherence to ICA brand tone, approach, writing guidelines and style and readability
Organize Town Hall events
- Plan quarterly Town Hall meetings and agenda, including the organization of speakers and new hire introductions, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, gathering content for speeches and notes and sending meeting invitations.
- Oversee the coordination of the in-person Town Halls and virtual Town Halls, which includes editing the pre-recording, working with IT to produce the virtual event and ensure equipment is set up for virtual live stream and access for the Montreal office, and providing the link to the recording.
- Act as an emcee for the Town Halls and introducing speakers as required
Marketing and communications administration
- Copy write or edit internal corporate communications and website copy.
- Oversee the asset file management and archive all new creative material, print, web and broadcast.
- Manage the asset library on intranet to archive award submissions, videos, case studies to our YouTube page.
- Coordinate and enter industry awards and corporate award show submissions.
- Provide input on internal communications, documents, speeches as needed by the CEO.
- Write and support on other communications initiatives that support internal stakeholders.
- Work with freelancers, consultants, external communications resources as required.
New business coordination
- Work with new business team to maintain and update credentials and coordinate pitches.
- Create marketing materials for new business (case studies, collateral and point of view articles) and maintain externally facing content including the credentials deck.
- Occasionally provide support for new business by assisting with RFPs, research and engagement with potential clients as needed.
- Coordinate new business events and host events as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of marketing, media and digital communications strategies, plans and execution.
- Demonstrated media relations expertise and experience in crisis management
- Client-service attention and abilities, which include analysis, planning, direction setting and prioritization
- Strong project management and organizational skills with ability to track and report results
- Ability to work well with all department levels, and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Innovative and creative thinker, with track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans
- Demonstrated expertise in developing/managing integrated communications plans, including large-scale events and campaigns
- Proactive in bringing forward actionable ideas
- Exceptional, articulate communicator with superior writing skills, as well as strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of what makes compelling content for print and digital marketing platforms and websites
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong creativity and attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with internal and external clients
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and operates with a sense of purpose and urgency
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field
- 3 – 5 years related experience in communications, marketing and/or integrated marketing communications
- Experience working in an advertising or public relations agency is preferred
- Solid media, communications, traditional and digital marketing, campaign development execution and experience
- Experience with software and platforms such as, SharePoint, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Bilingualism or experience in Quebec market an asset
INNOCEAN Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.