Associate Programmatic Director
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
The Associate Programmatic Director is responsible for working within IWCa to actively manage programmatic campaigns for clients. The Associate Programmatic Director exercises discretion and independent judgment in overseeing the programmatic buying program and process. They will develop guidelines and make recommendations for programmatic buying and direct and supervises their team.
- Increases campaign ROI by determining the best campaign set up and optimization strategies.
- Educates and makes recommendations to senior managers and members of other marketing teams regarding benefits of programmatic buying.
- Is the Programmatic buying and strategies point person for account team and client inquiries.
- Manages and trains his/her Programmatic Buying teams, including making hiring and termination decisions, conducting performance evaluations and job performance counseling.
- Oversees and actively implements campaign setup and optimization.
- Establishes best practices and optimization strategies for campaigns utilizing demand side platforms.
- Implements, drives, and oversees approach to programmatic testing.
- Delivers insight into the implications of campaign constraints, such as scale, ramp up time, creative used and cost per conversion.
- Resolves or makes recommendations on resolving performance concerns and account issues/concerns.
- Drives clients’ business growth by identifying new opportunities and making creative solutions recommendations to Planning teams.
- Keeps current with industry trends regarding programmatic media, technology, buying platforms and analytics tools.
- Evaluates new tools, opportunities or enhancements for integration efforts to improve the value of the marketing dataset.
- Supports and educates Planning teams in identifying opportunities and delivering recommendations to clients.
- Works independently with guidance from management regarding overall goals and objectives.
- Engages in business development and growth by working with partners and clients in developing and implementing new programmatic buying methodologies with a targeted result of increasing revenue.
- Supports company initiatives including diversity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Behaviour:
- Is a confident, seasoned leader with a strong media background.
- Exhibits the ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Creates a team atmosphere.
- Manages multiple projects and personnel.
- Mentors, trains and develops Programmatic team.
- Is a seasoned presenter.
- Generates enthusiasm for and commitment to his/her client’s business among team members. Effectively stimulates his/her team for maximum productivity and job satisfaction. Gains the confidence and trust of his/her staff and co-workers.
Business and Teamwork Character
- Maintains a professional approach at all times, especially under pressure.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and works effectively with the difficult employees.
- Anticipates problems, and look for win-win solutions.
- Demonstrates “big” picture planning and strategies.
- Identifies new advertising opportunities for clients.
- Monitors programmatic market conditions.
- Looks for ways to stretch the client’s dollar.
- Looks for innovative ways of promoting the client, and extending its advertising message.
- Is a good listener.
- Is a team player.
- Works synergistically with Planning and Account management/leadership.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Business or related field.
- 7+ year’s minimum experience with at least 2 years working with an agency trading desk, demand side platform or ad network/publisher operations.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a staff or team agency experience.
- Search marketing experience (both SEM and SEO) and/or advertising network and/or direct publisher with advanced analytics and optimization capabilities.
- Hands on experience working with RTB media (e.g., DSPs, Google Display Network, Google AdX, or in-house ad-network tools) and buying platforms (e.g., MediaMath).
- Sound understanding of ad-server technologies (e. Doubleclick).
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation/communication skills.
- Programmatic experience in auto category a plus
Innocean Worldwide Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.