Assistant Media Buyer
Date Posted: March 11, 2021
Purpose of Job
The Assistant Buyer is an integral support member of the media team, working closely with the Media Director and Supervisor to ensure that various Television and Radio campaigns run smoothly. They organize all stages of the buying process from meeting on initial requests, to carrying out post analysis and reporting requests.
- Assists supervisor with sending station orders, and follow up with correct confirmations and contracts, if necessary.
- Assists team with approval and inputting of makegoods, and the pre post/rerate process each season.
- Insures makegoods and billing discrepancies are completed in a timely manner, and monthly deadlines are adhered to.
- Proficient in the utilization of the media buying software (MediaOcean), Excel, Power Point and Word, in order to prepare reports, enter makegoods, match discrepancies, compile spreadsheets, assist in presentations and enter media buy information.
- Builds a positive rapport and attains a comfort level communicating with their team, sales representatives, and other departments including Accounting and Media Planning.
- Follows training program established with director to learn the art of negotiation, buying and maintaining broadcast schedules.
- At director’s discretion, begins placing radio buys and small TV and specialty buys with supervision and approval.
Skills & Behaviour
- Ability to work under strict deadlines for monthly advertisement plans and placement
- Must be able to prioritize projects depending on flight dates/client meetings
- Strong ability to work independently, self-motivated, problem solver
- Capacity to maintain positive working relationships with media vendors
- Great with numbers and spreadsheet management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and outgoing person with excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish productive relationships with people at all levels
- Detailed-oriented, team player
- Accountability, professionalism, integrity
Education & Experience
- 0-1 years’ experience required
- Internship in an agency is an asset
- College or University education preferred
Innocean Worldwide Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.