Account Executive, Retail
Date Posted: August 3, 2021
As an Account Executive at Innocean, you will:
- Come into work every day with a GREAT attitude and the passion and ability to support client-related and administrative activities of the agency’s Account Service department.
- Understand the client/agency’ needs so you can build strong, lasting relationships and meet their marketing objectives efficiently and thus resulting in profit growth to the agency.
- Show your team that you are a strong team player – you know your team’s strengths and weaknesses, so tasks are distributed to maximize team player’s talents and abilities
- You can work with your team to best serve the client’s needs in a responsive, efficient, effective, accurate manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Understands the client’s business in order to anticipate the client’s advertising and marketing needs to help grow the client/agency
- Responsible for ensuring all activities are executed according to the established budget and timelines – monitor of each department to ensure timelines, expectations are met
- Ability to work cross functionally with account, media, creative and production team members
- Produces, updates and is responsible for monitoring of all ‘in and out’ activity surrounding MRs and studio output
- Tracks competitive advertising and prepares reports
- Ensure contact reports are issued after each meeting (24 hours)
- Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
- Creates, documents and distributes ad codes for TV and radio
- Tracks, monitors, and guides all jobs for the client through account service, creative and studio flagging significant increases in delivery expectations
- Assists Account Supervisor in compiling service reports, data for special projects, client requests, etc.
- Procure materials, supplies, and props for use in client and agency products
- Assist in flawlessly executing various campaigns (print, radio, TV, on-line and event)
- Update status reports week to week
- Acquiring knowledge of all teams within the agency
- Multi-tasking – you have a good handle on organizing and managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Continual learning is demonstrated to understand client’s brand and live it
- Being a keener and taking on other duties assigned to you (or not assigned to you!)
Skills and Behaviour:
- Ability to put your critical thinking cap on to analyze and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals
- Demonstrates the ability to write professional reports and business correspondences
- Excellent presentation skills – whether it be presenting info to clients, customers or other and respond to questions with minimal guidance and direction
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes involved instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Proficient in all functions of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Education and Experience:
- 0-1 years in media agency or related field would be an asset
- University Degree or Advanced College diploma, Preferably majoring in business / marketing / advertising
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma from a four-year college or university required
- 1-2 years Project Management or Account Coordination experience
- Agency experience in the auto industry desired but not required
- Digital Advertising Experience an Asset
Innocean Worldwide Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. We encourage all qualified applicants to inquire below. Any disability-related needs will be accommodated throughout the recruitment process.